Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The girl who always gets flowers...


When Josh and I were dating, I was "the girl who always gets flowers"! When we were married, he would celebrate our being together as a married couple with one dozen roses for each month we were married. Each month on the seventh of that month, I would get a dozen roses. For our two month anniversary, on the seventh, I would get two dozen. This lasted until our fourth month anniversary in which I got 4 dozen roses! We quickly ran out of a vase large enough to hold all those roses! I soon after that got laid off from my job however and we decided it was time to realign a few priorities, mostly by my prompting (I know, what was I thinking?!?!) Never the less, we went to DI and got a big fat vase just in case and have since only gotten one dozen. But I'm sure you will all see the picture when that day does come when Josh insists I get enough roses to fill that monstrosity of a vase!


Well, I just couldn't throw away all those roses. Some flowers are not worth saving, to be sure, but I had kept as many (if not all) I could because I wanted to do something with them. Some of these roses are from our wedding, some white ones from when he proposed to me at the Salt Lake Temple, although most are from other times he has given them to me. I couldn't use all of them, and I actually ended up throwing about 50 or so of them away. This year for Christmas, we came across some cash and this is what Josh suggested I buy on our trip over to Hobby Lobby. I've wanted to do this for so long and I suppose it gave him a thrill to see me so excited to finally be able to do it! This is what I came up with and he even helped me out with quite a bit of it too!

I'm very excited and quite surprised at how it turned out. Even though I'm not one of those girls who always gets flowers anymore, the ones I do have have brightened up our little living space and reminded me just how lucky I always am!

4 comments:

Janelle! said...

Cute blog, Mel! I love how you are telling about the amazing blessing Josh is to you! Hope life is still going well for you, and congrats on doing a blog! Mine is musicjanelle.blogspot.com if you ever want to view. :) Love you!

Melinda said...

Cool! It looks awesome, good job the two of you.

Karen said...

Mel, I love the story. What a lucky girl you are. The wreath is beautiful.

Bobby and Amanda Lewis said...

Hey we found your blog, thats pretty sad that it has taken us this long! Your roses look good!